To be a great leader you need to keep two things in mind at all times:
- The question: Who? – who are the people you are serving, working with and leading? Your clients, customers, teams,…
- Empathy for where they are and how you can help them get where they want to go.Stakeholders are individuals in groups you need to engage in order to co-create and to achieve your mission. Your stackholders can…
- Provide you with interllectural capital – ideas you don’t have.
- Support you with resource you don’t have.
- Bring you connections and share their social capital with you.
- Be investor – providing monetary of non-money resources.
- Have complimentary mission aligned with yours.
- Be yours customer – the people you choose to serve.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belong
- Diversity: Having diverse and rich points of view into the decision you’re making help you be transformative, expansive and more forward. You can’t create big & bold enough by yourself or with a limited definition of team
- Inclusion: Including diverse opinions into decision making. Inclusion increases empathy towards customers and clients. Increase innovation by bold thingking and inclusion.
- Belonging: The feeling of being “home”
Reflect on your Mission and:
- Identify 3 of the most important groups of stakeholders that matter to you.
- From each of these groups, name a handful of people you want to get to know and build a deeper relationship with.
Note: Focus on these 3 most important constituents from the selected groups.
Thank for Keith Ferrazzi!